Artist Feature - Vères
Hello artists! Hope you're all doing well. Welcome back to another ASF Artist Feature. This week, we are featuring Vères, a sixteen year old photographer and filmmaker from Virginia. Here's our interview with them!
1. How did you first get into music, art, and spoken word?
I initially got into photography because of my mother's love for it and it made me start loving it from such a young age!
2. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you to create art or write music?
My mental struggles are what spark my creativity with my photography. They make me think outside of the box when it comes to trying to figure out new ideas and ways I can make my shoots even better. As well as my partner, they help motivate me to keep doing what I’m doing because they know I love it.
3. How do you plan on using your art and music to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
When I really start working on my photography and film more, I would just love to spread awareness about the struggles someone may face everyday that we never truly see or know about. As well as to help support things that I believe to be right or that I am a part of, an example being LGBTQ+ rights.
4. What is your favorite piece of art that you have created so far? How about your favorite piece of music that you have written?
I would honestly have to say a photograph of the silhouette of a cow as well as any of the photographs I have taken to a moon.
5. What are your current or future goals with your art, music, and spoken word?
My general goals would just to be able to travel around the world or at least county.. to film and photograph meaningful and memorable moments in the world, whether they are negative or positive, happy or sad.
6. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist or musician, who would it be and why?
I would love to spend a day with Bo Burnham. After watching his “INSIDE” special, I honestly would just love to talk to him and learn more about him and what made him do what he does and how he managed to do that whole special by himself, he is extremely creative, strong, intelligent, comedic, but also makes his creations have a deeper meaning then what you would expect.
7. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in music and art?
Please don’t doubt yourself. Just keep working on what you are doing and if you don’t get it first try, not a big deal, you’re going to do amazing and so many people believe in you and you don’t even know it!! And always ask people for help on what to do or watch videos and do your research so you can learn more about the type of art you want to create.