Featured Artist - Eileen
Hello artists! Hope you're all doing well. For today's featured artist here at ASF, we have Eileen, a 13 year old artist from Canada who is interested in realism! Here's our interview with them.
1. How did you first get into music, art, and spoken word?
I began art lessons at a very young age, and now self-learn realism and other styles.
2. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you to create art or write music?
I really enjoy the process of creating art, which is a big factor in keeping me motivated. I like to experiment with different styles to have fun. For realism, I was inspired by many of the artists on Instagram.
3. How do you plan on using your art and music to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
I plan on donating a portion of the commissions I may get to charity.
4. What is your favorite piece of art that you have created so far? How about your favorite piece of music that you have written?
Honestly, I can't choose my favourites, but I like my crystal, my mushroom, and some portraits such as the girl with red hair or the woman with an owl.
5. What are your current or future goals with your art, music, and spoken word?
I hope I can later have a career or part-time job related to art, and maybe sell my art or put it in galleries.
6. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist or musician, who would it be and why?
I don't really have any favourite artists that I am inspired from!
7. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in music and art?
No matter what people say about your art, know that you are amazing and if you keep learning and practicing you will see improvements. You can experiment with different styles, mediums, and techniques to see which type of art you enjoy most.
Here are some of Eileen's lovely art pieces: