Hello, fellow art lovers and art enthusiasts. We are back yet again for another artist feature. This week, we interviewed Jirah Littlejohn. She is a creative artist from Los Angeles who has a love for both art and filmmaking. Truly the best of both worlds! Here is her interview.
Name, age, and location (city, state).
My name is Jirah Littlejohn. I am 17 years old from Los Angeles, California.
2. How did you first get into drawing and film?
I got into film heavily when I saw "The Wiz" for the very first time. I was about seven when I realized I wanted to be a director or actor instead of being an astronaut.
3. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you to create art and films?
My biggest inspiration for my art is literally myself. When I say that, I mean my dreams and my everyday experiences. For films, my inspirations are Spike Lee, Steven Spielberg, and Ryan Murphy.
4. How do you plan on using your art and films to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
I plan on using bright, colorful, and eye-catching pieces to spread awareness about current topics and events.
5. What is your favorite piece of art that you have created so far?
My favorite drawing that I have made is a digital drawing of a black girl with an afro and glasses on a lavender background.
6. What are your current or future goals with your art and films?
My current goal for my art and films is to reach an audience I didn't know I had. My future goals are to have annual art galleries and direct movies that are awesome and unpredictable.
7. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist or filmmaker, who would it be and why?
I would spend a day with Tyler The Creator because he knows a ton about music, fashion, and performance tips. Overall, he is a cool guy.
8. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in art and filmmaking?
My advice is to always go with your gut and trust your ideas. They will benefit you in the long run.
Here is some of Jirah's amazing artwork!