Hello friends! For this week's artist feature, we have Rui! She is a wonderful and exceptional illustrator and artist. Rui loves music, anime, and k-pop and she believes that success lies in never giving up! Let us get to know more about Rui in the following blog!
1. What is your name, age, and location? Any fun facts about yourself and your hobbies?
Hello! My name is Rui Han. I'm 16 years old and I live in Markham, Canada. I've been learning art since when I was about 9. I love anime and K-pop which are where most of my inspirations come from. I really want to learn digital art in the future.
2. How did you first get into art?
Since I was a child, my mom sent me to art classes, and ever since then I've loved creating artworks.
3. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you?
My biggest inspirations that motivate me to create art would be that I love a sense of satisfaction when my artwork looks extremely aesthetically pleasing and being able to make the people around me happy with what I created through art.
4. How do you plan on using your art to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
I'm not entirely sure how will I be able to make a difference in the world but I try to make a difference in my 'own small' world by demonstrating my artworks to my close friends and family and try to brighten up their mood.
5. What is your favorite piece of art that you have created so far?
My favorite art piece so far would be the painting that I decide to submit; it's the most recent art piece I've created and it took me a lot of concentration and dedication. The outcome was really nice as well, thus making it my favorite so far.
6. What are your current or future goals with your art?
I don't really think I specifically have a current plan regarding goals with my art, I would just create art when I want to appreciate a certain character or a certain person in my life.
7. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist, who would it be and why?
If I had the opportunity to spend a day with my favorite artist, it would be TWICE, which is a Korean pop band, I'd spend a day with them because they are my inspirations in some artwork and I love listening to their music when I'm relaxing and creating art.
8. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in art?
I think the best advice for people that are interested in music and art would be to keep practicing and not give up!
Here are a few examples of Rui's brilliant work: