Featured Artist- Vedika Pipalia
Hello artists and art enthusiasts. We are back yet again for another ASF artist feature! Yay! This week, we are featuring Vedika Pipalia, a 19-year-old artist from Mumbai, India. Here is our interview with her.
1. Name, age, and location (city, state, or country if you’re based internationally).
My name is Vedika Pipalia, and I am 19 years old. I am from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
2. How did you first get into music, art, and spoken word?
I have been painting since I was 5 years old. I got into painting seeing my grandfather. He always painted beautiful Indian peacocks (called Mor in Hindi). This intrigued me and since then I have been painting.
3. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you to create art or write music?
I think my inspiration to paint comes from abstract thoughts. The idea strikes me and that is when I decide to paint along those lines. Nature has also been my inspiration to paint.
4. How do you plan on using your art and music to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
I think each art piece has a certain thought process that goes in. Every art piece is different and each one has its own individuality.
5. What is your favorite piece of art that you have created so far?
I think my favorite piece of art has to be the one wherein I painted a mystical creature on one of the biggest canvas boards. It required a lot of precision and patience.
6. What are your current or future goals with your art, music, and spoken word?
I think art as a journey is very close to my heart. I think it will always be close to me and I hope to aspire as an artist. Maybe not as a full profession but along the sidelines for sure.
7. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist or musician, who would it be and why?
I think my favorite artist has to be Picasso. I mean the paintings and the ideas behind them are so different. Every painting would be completely opposite and an altogether different image of how we think of that object.
8. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in music and art?
I think for artists it is very important to believe in themselves and their art. It can be intimidating at times when you see other artists and their work. But what is important is that you worked on yourself and you improved on your art than yesterday. Those are the things that matter and are what people should focus on.
Here are photos of Vedika's incredible artwork.