Artist Feature-Tejass Raveendran
Hello fellow artists and art enthusiasts! This week, we are featuring a new artist named Tejass Raveendran. He is 16 years old and is currently in grade 11 IB. Tejass has great interests in the computer science field wishing to become a game designer to express my creativity. His hobbies include playing and listening to music, playing video games, and watching anime/movies. Now, let's get into the interview!
1. Name, age, and location (city, state, or country if you’re based internationally).
My name is Tejass Raveendran, I am 16 years old, and I am from Ontario, Canada.
2. How did you first get into music, art, or spoken word?
I took a keyboard class at a young age, and from there I've been intrigued with music. While for art, it began through in-class projects, and up until now, I draw whatever inspires me.
3. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you to create art or write music?
The two things that inspired me to create art are the TV shows I watch and the animes I like.
4. How do you plan on using your art and music to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
One example was for Terry Fox Run, (a yearly marathon in Canada that aims to raise funds for cancer research), I combined terry fox and volleyball, in the sense that Terry fox was in his spike position. In that position, it seems that he's reaching for something high, and in this sense, he's reaching for a cure to cancer. Art in this sense can contain meaning to spread awareness in certain topics, and just like the Terry Fox Run, I'd do the same for other cases.
5. What is your favorite piece of art that you have created so far? How about your favorite piece of music that you have written?
My favorite piece of art was probably a piece that required shading skills, in a specific style so it looks appealing to the audience. The way I approached this took a lot of practice because each stroke required a lot of attention so that the art piece would look amazing, and it turned out great.
6. What are your current or future goals with your art, music, and spoken word?
I'm planning on taking this art even further and bringing it into gaming and online. Where I can express my creativity through many things such as video games, where I could be a game designer, designing characters, UI and the environment, to make the game look more appealing.
7. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist or musician, who would it be and why?
Stromae. I chose Stromae, because of the music he did, the meaning behind it, and how unique it was to other songs intrigued me. I would love to have a great conversation with him about that. Learning about the things that inspired him, and what influenced him to make songs such as these.
8. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in music and art?
Just do it. Simple as that, because once you've found what you're interested in, everything else comes naturally, but to help with that. I'd say start doing projects, join clubs and organizations that will help with your career. Get to know more people because through them, there are many more things that are possible.