Featured Artist- Mehul Madhura
Hello fellow readers! For this week's artist feature, we have Mehul Madhura! She is an amazing photographer and filmmaker who loves to spread global messages through her art pieces. Let us move on to the interview to get to know more about her!
1. What is your name, age, and location? Any fun facts about yourself and your hobbies?
My name is Mehul Madhura. I am 16 years old and I live in Markham, Ontario. I love spending time with the important people in my life. As a result, I like to capture different moments from my life to remind me to look t the world around me and make the most out of the time I have.
2. How did you first get into photography?
I got into photography because of one of my close friends who loves to take pictures whenever we go somewhere.
3. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you to create photography?
My biggest inspiration is Frans Lanting, he’s a photographer from National Geographic and all of the pieces have so much heart in them. They inspire me to capture the world in a way as beautifully as he does.
4. How do you plan on using your photography to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
I want to eventually take photos that depict the world as it is. I want every photograph to have a deeper underlying message. My next pieces will focus on climate change.
5. What is your favorite piece of photography that you have created so far?
My favorite piece is a picture that I took from my friend's roof as the sun was rising. It was such a beautiful moment to capture on camera and really depicts how beautiful the world is from every angle.
6. What are your current or future goals with your art?
In the future, I hope to continue to enjoy taking photographs and be able to keep all these memories of my youth as I continue on into my adult life.
7. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist, who would it be and why?
I would choose Frans Lanting because he has such a deep understanding of animals and all wildlife and I would love to hear any stories he has from his time in the Amazon as well as Antarctica. I’ve always had a passion for learning about animals and there is so much emotion and story behind his pieces.
8. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in art?
My advice for anyone starting anything really is to keep going at it. It seems kind of hard to start a new hobby, so it’s important to take things slow and not expect to be the best. Especially with social media, it’s easy to compare yourself to others bit as cheesy as it sounds, the most important person to compare yourself to is who you
Here are a few examples of Mehul's brilliant work: