Featured Artist- Rakshita Gandesiri
Hello, fellow art lovers and art enthusiasts. Welcome to another featured artist post. This week, we are featuring an incredible artist that we are so excited for you all to get to know. Today, we interviewed digital artist, Rakshita Gandesiri.
1. Introduce yourself! Name, age, and location (city, state, or country if you’re based internationally).
Hi everyone! I am Rakshita and I am a digital artist. I am 17 years old and I am from Mountain House CA, USA. I am an aspiring and creative individual who loves art to its fullest. I always keep myself confident, motivated, and don't let the haters come in my way through my art journey.
2. How did you first get into music, art, and spoken word?
I first got into art when I was in 2nd grade. I started drawing Hello Kitty and Strawberry Shortcake characters. I drew a lot of stick figures in my notebooks as well.
3. Who or what are your biggest inspirations that motivate you to create art or write music?
My biggest inspiration to make art is Disney. I am a huge Disney fan and I have been inspired by their drawings and animations since day 1.
4. How do you plan on using your art and music to spread awareness or make a difference in the world?
I want to use my art to help aspiring artists who want to become one as well. I have started a Youtube channel to guide people through this process and share my experiences, product reviews, tutorials, and my most helpful advice for artists.
5. What is your favorite piece of art that you have created so far?
I have linked my favorite pieces of art down below! It's the one that's blue and has facial expressions and poses.
6. What are your current or future goals with your art, music, and spoken word?
My current goal is to attract more people to my youtube channel. My future goal is to learn how to animate and make character designs properly.
7. If you had the opportunity to spend a day with your favorite artist or musician, who would it be and why?
If I had a day where I got to spend time with my favorite artist it would be Laura Price. She was a Disney artist and I really love her work. She makes videos on advice and art and I love them. She is such a huge inspiration to me and I really hope I become her in the future as a Disney artist.
8. Do you have any advice or tips for people that are interested in music and art?
My advice is to not give up on what you believe in. I never thought I would take the path of becoming an artist. But now I run a youtube channel for artists and I am still in high school! I say believe in yourself and have the courage to do what's right!
Here is a slideshow of Rakshita's artwork.